AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Record Data is not showing up in related database

Question asked by aenright on Oct 31, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2018 by philmodjunk

I am using FileMaker Pro 16 server for a small school. I have a main database table with student information that includes student information details such as First, last and full name ID, Date of Birth, Grade and Section, as well as parent contact information, emergency contacts…

This main Student Database layout has a tabbed layout that contains the full information as mentioned above and there are also several other layouts based on this table that provide varied class lists by class, gender, with and without DOB.. This table also provides some information for a separate attendance table and layout and report card layouts.

Everything has been running well for two months but suddenly new student data (new records) that I add are suddenly not showing up fully in the other layouts although they are showing in the main table layout.  Specifically the new students "class name" does not show up in the class lists, report cards, or attendance list although it was working fine before. Class name is a calculation that combines first middle and last name. So now I get a class list but new students names do not show in the list although the ID and DOB do. I am guessing that it has something to do with the calculated field because if I use instead first name or another field it shows.

I have tried everything I can think of and I am really at a loss as to how to resolve this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Outcomes