How to integrate your FileMaker API with phpPlease guide to me for use your api in php
FileMaker has a number of different APIs that can be used from PHP: odbc, jdbc, the XML API and the Data API. Plus FM has its own PHP API.
The XML and PHP API are largely being replaced with the new Data API and for that one you'll find a few 'wrappers', including for PHP, check here: Data API / Admin API Packages/Wrappers For FM 17+
Let us know which API you prefer and we can help you more.
Thank you for help to meand i will inform to you , which API i useing
I need to create a user in Filemaker Account using our web application through
You can't. FileMaker account creation is not exposed to an API.
- create the necessary account management scripts as regular FM scripts and then expose them through the Data API or XML API / PHP API. --> but that would likely be a serious security risk if this is not done right and I would advise against it.
- use FileMaker's ability to do external authentication where it supports groups so that only the group representation exists in FM and you can do the actual account management in the chosen authentication provider that supports groups (AD, OD, Auzure AD, local accounts on the FMS OS)
I have confusion regarding FM API, Can you make me understand by giving answer below questions?
1) How to create development account for FM API? share a link of development account.
2) Do we want to create a user in our FileMaker account using PHP API for that which API help me create a user in FM system?
3) Is there available any trial period account for testing my API
vikaspateliih wrote: HI, I have confusion regarding FM API,
I have confusion regarding FM API,
FMS has many APIs, which one specifically are you looking at? Data API, XML API, PHP API, ODBC, JDBC?
vikaspateliih wrote: 1) How to create development account for FM API? share a link of development account.
You create a regular FM account and grant it the privileges for the API you want to use by creating the proper privilege set. Obviously you want to be careful about not granting too many privileges so that you have a privilege set that can only do the things you want to have done through the API and nothing more.
Not sure what you mean by "share a link of development account".
vikaspateliih wrote: 2) Do we want to create a user in our FileMaker account using PHP API for that which API help me create a user in FM system?
You cannot create a regular FM account in a FM file through the PHP API (or any other API).
Through PHP code you could conceivable create an account in OD, AD or Azure AD and add that account to an OD, AD, Azure AD group. If the group had already been set up in the FM file to have privileges then that new account will have access to the FM system by virtue of its group membership.
vikaspateliih wrote:3) Is there available any trial period account for testing my API
FMS has a trial version.
Are you looking at the on-premise version of FMS or the "FileMaker Cloud" product?
Retrieving data ...