AnsweredAssumed Answered

GetCurrentDate as DayOfTheWeek?

Question asked by hwminc on Nov 2, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2018 by comment

Trying to figure out how to get today's date to be expressed as the day of the week in order to set a follow up task in my db for a day in the future that is based on what the Day Of The Week is today. So for example, if today is Friday and I complete a task, I want the database to schedule a followup task for the next Tuesday. The script scenario would look something like this:

Task Completed On:                                             Follow up Scheduled For:

Monday                                                                     Following Thursday

Tuesday                                                                     Following Thursday

Wednesday                                                                Following Tuesday

Thursday                                                                    Following Tuesday

Friday                                                                         Following Tuesday

It seems like if I can GetCurrentDate to express as DayOfTheWeek somehow it may work, but I'm at a loss as to how to get this initial jumping off point. Any help is sincerely appreciated ! :-)

Outcomes