FMS 17 is running on a Windows 2012 R2 VM Server. I want to run a weekly backup of the complete Windows Server. This is what I'm thinking. Your comments/suggestions/advice is much appreciated.
1. Run a scheduled FMS script to close the DB with a Close File step.
2. Have the IT Team run a full VM Server backup (Veeam Backup Suite)
3. Start the FM App up when the server backup is complete using a scheduled fmsadmin system script.
Questions I have are:
- is there a way to warn users that the File will be closing? It's a 7 x 24 operation and an odd environment where people share PCs and do not log in. Send Mail is not a good option.
- is there a way to tie the FM App startup to the completion of the Windows Backup?
- is a scheduled fmsadmin system script a good way (the only way?) to bring the App back up?