I host a server on MacStadium and we connect via a public IP.
Yesterday I connected to it for about 60 seconds before I got the "reconnecting" message. At first I thought it was my home internet or a temporary interruption. I didn't try to reconnect but did hop on the server via remote desktop to see if others had been kicked off. They had not.
Fast forward around 4 hours and one of my staff had closed their connection and realized they needed to do one more thing. They then could not reconnect.
- Connected users (other than me - as stated above) never lost connection.
- No one could connect/reconnect or even have it appear in the Hosts window after this began.
- I could not get the server to shut down, even in terminal. And believe me, I ran the command over and over.
- I could connect to the computer with remote desktop and could see the server running but the IP address came up with nothing when trying to connect with FMP.
- Server 17 & FMPA 17 - all up-to-date.
- Running Sierra on the Mac
Any ideas here?