What are the script steps to drag and drop a csv or xlsx file and then import it as records into fields? I presume the user drags a file into a global container, I have to then use FileMaker decode/encode? script step to convert the bianary file to csv or xlsx file, then import it using an import script step with a saved field import order. See sample file.
- works with WebDirect
- the field order of the file matches the import script.
- the file is csv UTF-8 encoded or xlsx to simplify things.
- has to work on FM server cross platform.
- I can control the field import order, when the user chooses an option from a drop down menu specifying the system they are coming from in advance.
- The file is imported into one table where I validate the data before it is imported into the solution. I am not testing encoding in this step, testing encoding is outside the cope of this question.
- These files are from the general lay public (not internal company staff) so the names are random but I hope the suffix stays csv xlsx which I will check for.
- Importing is non recurring, this is a tool for lay users to import their data.