The other day I was working all day in FileMaker and the font on the calculation dialog was starting to look pretty small towards the end of the day, playing around with the preferences file helped me make the font bigger, I even downloaded and installed the SF Mono font and now my calculation dialog box shows a decent font size with my favorite code font.
1. Quit filemaker
2. Open the file: ~/Library/Preferences/com.filemaker.client.advanced12.plist you can navigate to this file with cmd-shift-g
3. Edit the file with X-Code or any other App that can edit .plist files, X-Code is free
4. Do a find for "font" and edit the entry CalculationDialogFont/NSFontSizeAttribute to something like 12-13-14 depending how big you want the font to be.
5. If you want to change the font type you can also edit the entry CalculationDialogFont/NSFontNameAttribute to a different font, you need to have that font installed in your system in order to use it with FileMaker.
6. Open FileMaker... Mind blown
I know that there are other option to do this but they may require plugins.
The steps above are for FileMaker Pro Advanced and I have used this since version 14 running on Mac, not sure how to do this on Windows, for FileMaker Pro you will need to edit: ~/Library/Preferences/com.filemaker.client.pro12.plist instead.
Hope this helps someone.
Cheers from Costa Rica.