AnsweredAssumed Answered

I need some help making a portal work

Question asked by johnleak on Nov 17, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2018 by beverly

I need some help getting a portal to work. I have a solution where I am creating a repair ticket. In this solution I am using 3 separate tables. 1. Repair (used to generate a repair work order) 2. Repair Type (used to store repair names, the price for the repair and other information) 3. Repair Line Item (intent is to use it to store all of the line items generated for the repairs in the system)

The layout below is based from the Repair Table. On that layout I have inserted a portal as you can see at the bottom of the attached picture below.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 1.55.58 AM.png

For the first field in that portal I am using a pop-up list which gathers the names of all of the repair types. This portal is based from a join table relating the Repair to the Repair Line item. I am needing the price to transfer over from the Repair Type Table, and this is where my issue is.

Below is a screenshot of how I have this related in the relationship graph.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 2.00.35 AM.png

The middle TO in the picture above is the one that I am trying to get the portal to work from.

My first trial was relating the Repair table to the Repair Type Table using the Repair Primary key and THEN relating it to the repair line item table, but that did not work either. Below is a picture of the relationship graph that I used during trial 1. The first red table (Repair 2) is based from the Repair type table.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 2.22.28 AM.png

What in the heck am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

John

Outcomes