DennyHayes

Overriding A Repeating Field Calc

Discussion created by DennyHayes on Nov 23, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 25, 2018 by steve_ssh

I have b been trying to figure this out for days. I have repeating field calc (A) based on the product of two other field values ( B * C), which works fine. But I want a Case statement to have one of the repeats to show something different. If I satisfy the Case statement, the

I have b been trying to figure this out for days. I have two repeating fields (Repeating Field A) and (Repeating Field B) based on the value in another field( B * C), which works fine. But I want a Case statement to have one of the repeats to show something different. If I satisfy the Case statement, the only repeat that changes is the first repeat.based on the product of two other field values ( Field B ), which works fine for one condition. But I want a Case statement to have one of the repeats to show something different. If I satisfy the Case statement, the only repeat that changes is the first repeat. In the example below the repeats of Repeating Field B show the values in Repeating Field A, except the first repeat of Field A shows the value in Field B, instead of showing it in the 4th repeat of Repeating Field A.

Repeating Field A = |1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|

Repeating Field B = |1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|

Field A = 23

Field B = 4

Repeating Field A calc:

Case ( Right ( Field A ; 1 ) = 3 ;

Field B ;

GetRepetition ( Repeating Field A ; Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ) )

Here is the actual calc and the two repeating fields:

Case ( Right ( Column w Row ; 1 ) = 4 ;

GetRepetition (

Chart Column Header ; 1 ) ;

GetRepetition ( Chart Column Header ; Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) + 1 ) * 4 )

Grid.jpg

Notice that the only repeat that is changed is the first repeat, even though "Case ( Right ( Column w Row ; 1 ) = 4 ;" shows that it should be repeat 4 that is changed .

The way this works is that clicking in a green repeat sets the value 54 at the top, Then a calculation using the left and right of that number highlights the position in the row and column header repeats. The top header repeat just holds the number of the repeat less 1, because it is longer than the other repeats. and the ventricle row repeat also shows the number of the repeat. Both headers highlight the positions at the top..

Outcomes