AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker cannot save PDF

Question asked by beastblittle2 on Nov 26, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 27, 2018 by techt

I'm using Filemaker Pro 16.0.4.403.

I've been scratching my head at this for a long while now, and I'm at wits end. We have two scripts, created by an ex-employee long before me, one that imports an ad from the graphics department into a container, and one that saves those ads/records as PDFs to a folder, then sends those PDFs out to the respective customers.

This script was originally run on a desktop Mac. The boss wanted everything on that Mac transferred over to a Mac Mini (probably overkill on the details, but I'd rather not skip anything). So we re-downloaded everything onto the Mac Mini, and now, the script throws this error when saving the PDFs.

"my_file_name.pdf" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk."

Now, this was the original script. This did not work with the Mac Mini, so I investigated.

All of the output/input directories here are this. filemac:/Macintosh HD/Users/UserName/Desktop/FolderName/$FileName

This is for both Save Records as PDF and the Send Mail commands, including the commented out Loop command.

Now, I changed the file directory to filemac:/Macintosh HD/Users/UserName1/Desktop/FolderName1/$FileName for all of the respective commands, and it spits out the same error. I verified that it's not a permissions issue, as I've given Read&Write permissions to all of the needed folders, and even attempted running it as Admin several times. After some research, I've read that it may be a font issue. We then proceeded to install all of the fonts that were on the previous system, and it did not work. Restarted the computer to ensure this as well. I then saw that Adobe could be having some issues, so we did a fresh install of Adobe Acrobat, and even attempted the script with it uninstalled. I also made sure it wasn't the filename causing the issue, and I renamed the files "myFileName.pdf" instead of "my_file_name.pdf". I've done a few more things as well, but I've been working on this for a few days now and have forgotten.

Is there anything I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Andrew V.

Outcomes