AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM Server 16 cannot open ODBC System DSN

Question asked by lin.tian on Nov 27, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2018 by lin.tian

Hi all,

I'm new to Filemaker. it will be much appreciated if anyone can give advice on our issues on how to connect to a SQL database via ODBC. Here are our setups:

Server side:

1. Filemaker Server 16 database hosted on a 64-bit server (called xxx02P).

2. Used driver "ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server" to create a 64-bit ODBC System DSN (called DSN02). It connects to a Microsoft SQL Server 12 database.

3. My login was successfully passed the DSN02's connectivity test.

4. My login has [Full Access] to the Filemaker database with both "Access via ODBC/JDBC" and "Access via FileMaker Network" ticked.

5. My login has Administrator access to the server.

Client side:

a. Used Filemaker Pro v15 with my login on my machine to connect to the FM Server database.

b. Added the ODBC DSN02 as an external data source. Called the external source the same as DSN02.

c. Went to Manage Database, Relationships, and added a table of Data Source = DSN02.

d. Got a pop up of "Connect to SDN02" to enter my username and password for the ODBC data source.

e. Entered my login.

>>> got a FileMaker Pro error message, saying "The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file. Please try again".

>>> got the same error message for all different External Data Source authentication types of "Promp user for user name and password", "Specify user name and password", and "Use Windows Authentication".

Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

Lin

Outcomes