AnsweredAssumed Answered

Here I go again.  Question about Thumbnails.

Question asked by tippin on Nov 27, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2018 by tippin

Hello Community.  Again, more detail than necessary, but anyway...

About six years ago, I decided to step away from the business community and become a golf professional.  I became absolutely obsessed with building the perfect golf swing.  Up before dawn watching video seeking out instruction, hours of practice - well you get the idea.

Now that I've returned to the world of business running a growing company, apparently I've now found a new obsession - FILEMAKER. The pattern continues - up before dawn, videos, reading, experimenting...

Thanks to this Community, my server is up and running, my first two apps are operational (but by no means done - will they ever be?) . Temporarily bored with the first two apps, a new idea came to mind.

Our business until recently has been run out of my partners head.  Nothing really documented, stored or accessible.  I thought FMPA would be the perfect resource to create a "document storage app" where all kinds of files could be stored, referenced and easily found when needed.  Creating the first layout where a document can be placed into a container field along with other files to contain the document owner, file name, date and a brief description, was easy enough.  Here is where I am struggling now (and again I am sure there is an obvious solution that I just haven't come across yet).

I would like to create a second layout that would display a listing of all of the documents, photos, drawings, etc stored in the database, along with a thumbnail image of the document from the original container field.

I've had no luck with the thumbnail image (although I found a reference to it in the "Addendum" app I downloaded on my iPhone, which I might get to work - I will be trying when I get this lengthy question posted), and I can only get the current record to display where I would like the list to appear on the new layout.

I think Filemaker is versatile enough to do what I want - I just haven't found (or found where to look for) how to get this layout to perform as wanted.

The attached PDF file shows what I envision the layout to look like - anyone willing to help me out?

TIA

Attachments

Outcomes