AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the importance of layout context for table occurrences and related tables?

Question asked by pruppert on Nov 29, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2018 by wimdecorte

I'm having a little trouble understanding the limits of table occurrences in regard to layout context, and want to introduce a simplified example of my solution to see it someone can help me out.

• I have a parent table A and child tables, B, C, D, E, F, and G.
  • On my relationship graph, table occurrences B, C, D, E, F, and G are all linked to table occurrence A appropriately.
  • I have a Layout A that is based on table occurrence A.
  • Layout A has a slide control and each panel displays related data for each child table.
  • Now I'd like to add another child table H to my solution, but the relationship graph has visually become kind of a mess with all the lines from table occurrence A to its child tables. To make a clean start and keep the relationship graph more tidy, it seems like I should be able to create a new table occurrence A2 based on table A and then link that to the new table H. However, when I then try to add a portal to child table H to my layout A, the child table H is listed as an unrelated table.

I'm guessing this has something to do with layout A being based on table occurrence A and not based on table occurrence A2, but I am not sure if that is right. Can someone tell me why table H is showing as unrelated, and is there any way to fix this?

Outcomes