AnsweredAssumed Answered

Repeating Values in Portal

Question asked by offenderhousing on Dec 6, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2018 by philmodjunk

Hey Everyone,

I'm super new to FIlemaker and this is my first database solution, so wish me luck. I've been using Linkedin Learning (aka Lynda.com) to get me started and Filemaker seems to be pretty straightforward. However, I have an issue I can't seem to fix correctly, so I hope you Pros can chime in and help this noob.

In summary, my client, Offender Housing, rents residential properties from homeowners and sublets the bedrooms to its clients. Clients are assigned a bed within a room (aka Unit). Most rooms are Private or single occupancy, while other rooms are Shared or double occupancy. The company expects to have Units in 2019 that may have several beds per unit.

I have a Property Layout with Tabs that show details for each unit assigned to that specific property and a portal on each Tab that show details for each Client assigned to that Unit and which bed each Client is assigned to. Client name and other client info are pulled from the Contracts (aka Lease) table, where the Client was assigned a Property, Unit, and Bed. What I'm trying to accomplish is that the portal will correctly display the name of the Bed within that Unit to which that Client is assigned, ie Bed #1, Bed #2, etc. Currently, the portal is saying Bed #1 for each client in that Unit and I can't figure out why.

Thank you in advance for all your help and direction. Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 7.22.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-06 at 7.23.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-06 at 7.24.14 AM.png

Outcomes