dgreensp_1

Filemaker Field with HTML Coding

Discussion created by dgreensp_1 on Dec 7, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2018 by dgreensp_1

I'm using the 360Works Cloud Mail Plugin and I'm trying to insert HTML code from a FileMaker Text Field into the Function:

Here is what default code for the function:

CMQueueMessage ( htmlMessage; plainTextMessage; subject; fromAddress; campaignName {; options...} )

for htmlMessage instead of entering the html code I have entered a FileMaker Text field: Bulk_Email::HTML_Text

In the record I'm currently working on the content of the Bulk_Email::HTML_Text field is:

This is great work & Name::First_Name & ! <p>

Thank you for all off your help <p>

Darren

The result when sending the message includes the text & Name::First_Name & but all other html coding is gone.

If I put the same html code in a script with the CMQueueMessage and instead of using the Text Field in the htmlMessage I actually put the html code - everything works perfectly.  For example:

CMQueueMessage (

"This is great work " & Name::First_Name & "! <p>

Thank you for all off your help <p>

Darren";

plainTextMessage; subject; fromAddress; campaignName {; options...} )

I have also tried using quotations at the beginning and the end and before the & and before the ! just like in the script.  Nothing seems to work when data comes from the FM field, but when the same text that is in the FM field is used in a script it works.  It is as if something is happening when the data is stored in the Field that is not happening when the data is in the script.

Any suggestions on how to get this function to work with using data from a FM Field.

Outcomes