AnsweredAssumed Answered

Find Particular Sub Summary Field While Retaining Subsummary Values

Question asked by yellowhammer on Dec 9, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2018 by yellowhammer

I'm a newbie and have hit a problem that seems simple but I'm having trouble finding the solution. I have a simple sub summary Invoice table, below. I have sub summary sorted and displayed the values of the price$ in a list view as well as the value of the summary field "Sum_of Prices$" as shown below.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 8.48.44 PM.png

Since I can't use all the invoices when they are listed in series, I need to filter down to a single specific invoice, display only the one Invoice, not all the invoices as above, and I need to include the sub summary values. However, when I filter "Find" by invoice such as below where I filtered by IN0052, I get all the items related to the invoice, but lose the sub summary info, Sum_of Prices$, as shown below. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 8.55.46 PM.png

The second issue is that my ultimate goal is to be on another layout (such as the Item and Invoice entry page) and click a button that saves that particular invoice number being worked and then goes to this layout and display only the one active invoice and its items, with the sub summary information intact. How do I do this? It seems easy but I am missing the technique. I can do buttons, write script, but can't figure out what to enter. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

YH

Outcomes