Using List View Layout of Records, I'd like to:
1. Select Records by Checkbox
2. Do something with the Record IDs that I have selected. (Create records in a different table)
There's plenty of posts and tutorials about Virtual Lists and how make the checkboxes work, so not necessarily looking to repeat step-by-step instructions, but I'm wondering I am on the right path here or there's a better approach?
I think I need to:
Select Records using checkbox, thus creating a Virtual List (Global Variable)
Create a button (or dropdown) to run the script that adds/removes the records contained in the Virtual List in other tables.
Using a gmail inbox as a real world example of what I want to do:
- Select Checkboxes of specific emails
- Using the dropdown menu, mark these emails "Read"OR
- Using the dropdown menu assign to tags (or lists.) In FM this would add a an item to a LIST in the List_Details table.