AnsweredAssumed Answered

Send Export As Excel script failing after recent update to FMPA17

Question asked by MacDevGuy on Dec 18, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2018 by beverly

philmodjunk had a post somewhere with a example script on how to attach and send an Excel file via email. I used it to create the following script. I can't locate Phil's post because if I could I'd just delete and re-create the script. The script is part of an FM Go scanning solution I created to scan barcodes of assets while out in the field then mail it to myself to input into the asset management system. I recently updated FMA17 after being prompted an update was available. Now the script fails with the error:

“2018 8:50:02 PM” could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk."

It's failing in FMPA 17 and also FM Go 17. The interesting thing is that an earlier copy of the same file I have loaded in FMgo15 works and displays the "Export Setup" dialog on Go. I can then send the file. A search reveals many threads regarding font issues but since I first noticed it in FM Go it doesn't seem relevant. An added twist is that I just moved from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 8 and the FM Go 15 file works yet the FM Go 17 file doesn't, nor does it work on another Mac using FMPA 14.

I can't figure out what the problem is. Even attempting to use the debugger and the data viewer. Any ideas?

Send Report
Set Variable
[ $Path; Value:Get(DocumentsPath)&" "&"ScanReport"&" "&(Get(CurrentTimestamp)) ]

Export Records [ File Name: “$Path”; Create email; Use field names as column names; Title: "Scan To Inventory"; Character Set:“Unicode (UTF-16)”; Field Order: Scan To Inventory::NameFirst

Scan To Inventory::NameLast
Scan To Inventory::NameFull
Scan To Inventory::BuildingNumber
Scan To Inventory::RoomNumber
Scan To Inventory::Phone
Scan To Inventory::AseetTagMonitor_1
Scan To Inventory::AseetTagMonitor_2
Scan To Inventory::AseetTagCPU
Scan To Inventory::Note ]
[ No dialog; Format output using current layout ]

Show Custom Dialog [ Title: "Export Scannned inventory"; Message: "Done"; Default Button: “OK”, Commit: “Yes”; Button 2: “Cancel”, Commit: “No” ]

Outcomes