AnsweredAssumed Answered

Please, someone with a brain younger than mine, don’t ask!  I need a detailed answer with basic steps. I have been away from FileMaker since version 13.  I really need a jump start on this one.  The Internet is full of cryptic answers.  I am creating a sm

Question asked by garonson on Dec 22, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 22, 2018 by philmodjunk

Please, someone with a brain younger than mine, don’t ask!  I need a detailed answer with basic steps. I have been away from FileMaker since version 13.  I really need a jump start on this one.  The Internet is full of cryptic answers.  I am creating a small database in FileMaker 17 that will capture construction daily contemporaneous field notes.  This part is not a problem.  The problem is the same as I remember it from FM13, a fantastic DB system in most ways, but this one.  I must print a PDF report for one day that includes general daily info from the parent table instance (One record) and the report must continue to contain multiple specific items from a child table.    Since FileMaker still does not have subreport or subform capability beyond a portal this does not work.  Both the master record and the child records must have expanding field to handle different comment text lengths.  This cannot be accommodated in a fixed height section (part) or in a portal row.  So ladies and gents how do we accomplish this?

Attachments

Outcomes