AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does "insert text" script return everything BUT the inserted text?

Question asked by gmak on Dec 31, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2019 by gmak

I'm obviously missing something. Here's the situation:

I have a field called "status" with two variables, "Pending" and "complete". I have 3 buttons I created to sort the records: "all", "pending" or "complete" depending on what I want to view. "All" works well. The formula I use for pending and complete is different and as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 2.25.18 PM.png

The above script shows the Find Text is "Complete" and it works perfectly - except it returns the exact opposite result: it returns all the PENDING assignments, even though the "insert text" for the find says "complete"! I use the exact same formula for "Show Complete" assignments, except I use "Insert Text [Select ; "pending"] so that it returns all the COMPLETE assignments! Well, this is OK, I mean, it works, although I don't know why. However, when I realized I needed to add a third option into the mix - "ongoing" - I also realized I needed to solve this problem since I obviously am missing something as my "Find" is not finding the inserted text! Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks! (And Happy new Year to all!)

Outcomes