The larger ecosphere in which we all operate can have significant impact on our success and on operations. Herewith my annual predictions: Fearless, Foolish, or Otherwise (probably mostly Otherwise) for the coming year 2019. At the end of the year, we will see how I did.
- There will be at least one major consolidation of developer companies in the FileMaker Developer community.
- The explosion of IoT devices will put pressure on FileMaker Developers to create new ways to connect these devices to hosted databases. This will complicate security considerations no end.
- Growth rates of smart phones and personal computers will reverse themselves: smart phone growth rate will shrink; personal computer growth rate will increase.
- Employees will demand better protection of their own data from their employer companies.
- A significant wave of new regulatory oversight is coming to the tech industry, especially to large social media companies and to search engines.
Steven H. Blackwell
Platinum Member Emeritus, FileMaker Business Alliance