DennyHayes

Popovers vs Cards

Discussion created by DennyHayes on Jan 3, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2019 by Markus Schneider

Which is better to be used to have messages with buttons and sometimes a field to make an entry, pop up near the corner of existing layouts, so that an entery can be made, and buttons clicked, to continue a script that used if then statements to make things happen based on what button was clicked in the window that popped up.  I have used show message before, but it has too many limitations.  I have used the popover a few times, but it’s a pain because of the fact that the script does not pause until you click a button like the show message does.  So you need to put pauses in your scripts, and do other things to get it to work the way you want.  You also need to slide the popover button off to the right of the layout with a pixel or more on the layout, and then you have to put an invisible border around the popover window to position it where are you want on the layout. I have not played with the cards much yet, but it seems that you are required to make a layout for each card, and there may be other problems with it also?  I am simply trying to find the best replacement for the show message pop-up, where are you can alter the colors and put any number of buttons, and have a place in the pop up window to type in some text.  It also needs to work with both OS X and iOS.

Outcomes