AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are good ways to script reminders for action needed by users?

Question asked by tcwaters on Jan 4, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2019 by tcwaters

FMS 17.x

We have a database where students submit things and faculty need to approve them in a timely manner. I'm looking for ways to incorporate a reminders tool to help those faculty who don't respond timely.

I'm thinking about a script that runs nightly. It would find all records for the semester (probably 0- about 60). and then if the status is "submitted" and the difference for "get current date" minus  "date submitted" is > 3" then send an email the student and faculty.

The number of records where this criteria is met will most likely be fairly small- maybe 1 or 2 or up to a dozen depending upon how close it is to the deadline.

I'm guessing I could use a CF, to count number of work days as opposed to just a day count as I don't really want to count the weekend days, but the process would still be the same in general.  I am not really needing help with the script per se- I'm asking are about the approach, if it is the right one or are there better ways.

Is this the best way to go, or is there a different work flow or process that may be better?

THX

Outcomes