AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dual coloured button(s)?  How?

Question asked by youlesm on Jan 8, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2019 by youlesm

Dear all,

I hope that someone could please help. About 12 years ago I generated a FMP database using FMP7.0 As part of this database I generated a button which opened a file in another application.

I attach a screen capture below an example entry to show the (View) button.Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 14.31.43.png

Not all of the entries had data in this field so (somehow?) I colour coded the buttons to either be red (without data), or green (with data) to represent this visually. Again I attach a screen capture below to show this.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 14.35.33.png

I am now using FMP12 to open the document and my question is, how did I colour code the buttons please? I now cannot find any option(s) which now let me choose/determine the colour of the buttons, so am please looking for an answer as to how I did this? When viewed in the table mode I have 2 distinct columns "Link text Green" and "Link text Red" but unlike the rest of the fields, these green and red data fields are locked i.e. not selectable/changeable. Again another screen capture below to show this.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 14.39.36.png

So my question is how did I do it? In the layout mode the fields are locked and just (as expected) shows the layout.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 14.45.55.png

It is not an auto entry matter either as a new entry that I have made has a red button (which I cannot work out how to change), but the link (when the button is pressed), works perfectly.

Any answers on how I managed to achieve this really would be very much appreciated. Many kind regards to all and thanks in advance.

Mark

Outcomes