I did a major upgrade from one of my clients and launched at the end of Dec. 2018. I archived the previous version by changing the name of the file (unhosted-changed filename-rehosted). However, when I did that, I broke the link to the external data files. At some point in trying to fix the problem, I must have deleted the files altogether. However, I was able to copy them from another backup and I put them into the directory that I thought the container field was pointing to. However, it's still not working.
A bit of a step-by-step:
1. Here are the files and the directory path
2. Here's the File/Manage/Containers...
3. Here's the field definition for that container field
4. Here's the message I receive when I try and open the file from the container
Obviously I'm doing (and/or have done) something wrong. Can someone shed some light on how I can get these files to show up again.
BTW, this is an unhosted file, on the desktop. Once I get the container field to see the files again, I plan to re-host the database.