- I have a layout that is based on my Monthly Hours Table. This table is related to my Members Table.
- In that layout I have a portal based on the Responders Table.
- The Responders Table is related to my Member Table, which has all of the information on each person on the team.
- To relate everything together I have a Members Foreign Key in both the Responders Table and Monthly Hours Table.
- For the Monthly Hours Table I have the Members Unit Number & Name. I have these auto enter when a member creates a new record, using a new record button. The script takes the login name and parses it to look up the primary key in the Member Table. I then copy that value and paste it into my Member_Foreign Key field. That causes an auto lookup of the members Unit # and Name from the relationship Member::PrimaryKey to MonthlyHours::Member_ForeignKey.
- I want to do the same sort of thing when I click into the Member_ForeignKey in the responder portal. Or if possible when I click into the date field, thus not having anyone click into the Member_ForeignKey field.
- The Member_ForeignKey in the Responder Portal is stacked on top of the Unit # Field.
- I do store the Member_ForeignKey into a global value, $$Member_FK, when a person logs into the solution.
This is my new record script that fills the information in the Monthly Hours portion of the layout:
I tried this, but am stumped. As well as I'm having trouble navigating portals.