AnsweredAssumed Answered

Occasional Set Field Failure...Moving Unstored Calc to Number Field.

Question asked by BuzzardJunction on Jan 16, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2019 by BuzzardJunction

I have a Quotes table.  When a person generates a quote, I have multiple script triggers attached to several fields (and the layout itself), the purpose of which is to take the number from an unstored Grand Total field, and place it into a regular number field with a Set Field script step.  This helps when creating reports that generate quickly.

It works the vast majority of the time.  However, there are occasions when it does not.  This might occur once every few months, but it is bothersome. There’s a nightly server script that loops through the records to correct such deficiencies, HOWEVER, I want this field to be correct 100% of the time.  Accuracy in reporting is not something to be taken lightly.

When I do find those rare case where the step did not work as expected in the script, it does work when I change one of the values that calls the script.  So, whatever is happening between the unstored calc field and the number field is "situational".  I just need to know what that situation might be.

Are there any failsafe ways to do this?  Or rather, better ways than what I’m currently doing?  Every modifiable field that could possibly affect the grand total has the script trigger on it.

Outcomes