AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two Tables in a Single Layout

Question asked by jmduck on Jan 18, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2019 by techt

I have been trying to figure out how to have two tables in a single layout. This is a conundrum I've attempted to solve for two weeks now which includes hours of tutorial watching and countless attempts at relationships, calculations, and scripts. This is my first time developing FileMaker as a result of my employer springing it on me and I realize what I'm looking to do is most likely out of my current self-taught skill set.

I'm employed by a catering company and am working on the staffing layout. I'm trying to display records from both the "Events Table" and the "Cater Waiter Table" on the same layout but showing the list of "Event Table" records for one particular day each (so I can then set up each "Event Table" record in a separate portal for assigning staff members from the "Cater Waiter Table"). I'm also needing the records from the "Cater Waiter Table" in a List so I can see all the availability of all the staff members as the Director of Staffing is scheduling them. I have tried many-to-many relationship, multiple table occurrences, calculations based on the calendar layout I was able to set up, etc, etc. Does anyone know how to do this or can point me in the direction of any resources related to this? Again, I have been working on this problem for two weeks now (with no prior experience) and I'm at my wits' end.

Outcomes