AnsweredAssumed Answered

Perform Find does not find the record on one account?

Question asked by folksytitan on Jan 20, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2019 by folksytitan

Hi all,

Small bug I have with my file at the present time. I have a table named "Notifications" and a startup script that performs a find to check if there's any notifications for the user and stores the found count as a Global Variable. Each notification is a single record with basic information like the date created, the message, the sender, and the concerned account (Notifications::Account). In the Security settings, in Record Access, View is limited to Notifications::Account = $$account.

Every user's account name is stored as $$account. For the purpose of this question, $$account = "joe".

There is a few records present in the Notifications table with different data in the Notifications::Account field. The startup script was delivering a Get(FoundCount) of 0, so I went ahead and troubleshooted the problem (this was all done under the account "joe"):

1. Manually went into Find mode => $$account in Notifications::Account => resulted in No Records Found

2. Find mode => =$$account in Notifications::Account => resulted in No Records Found

3. Find mode => =joe in Notifications::Account => resulted in No Records Found

4. Find mode => ==joe in Notifications::Account => resulted in No Records Found

5. But if I Show all records and boom, the record is visible to User and all the others are displaying <No Access> (as planned)

I logged in the Admin account (with Full Access privilege set) and went to the Notifications layout:

1. Manually went into Find mode => =joe in Notifications::Account => 1 Record Found

And the same thing happens under another account! If $$account = jane, I get the exact same results as with joe's account...

Can somebody please help me out with this probelm?

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes