AnsweredAssumed Answered

Handling repeat events in a filemaker calendar? How do you do it?

Question asked by user2148443 on Jan 21, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2019 by beverly

Trying to figure out the best way to handle repeating events. What to know what others have done.

I have a single table of events at present and run a script that will create the next booking at the correct interval once i mark the previous one as completed.

But doesn't allow me to plan thing much into the future as weekly events only have 1 occurrence in the calendar over month instead of the 4/5.

Wanting to figure out a way that creates events 2-3 months in advanced, and then daily checks and creates the next schedule event as it is required. How can i do this?

Second issue is if i adjust the bookings eg move to a different day, that it adjust all the future bookings as well. Thinking to delete the future bookings and recreate with the changes, likewise if i change the interval. Is there a better way?

If anyone has a sample or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I am aware i could just sync to google or purchase but am still learning filemaker and would rather have some code i can pull apart and learn from. as i have done with everything else so far.

Outcomes