darcylydia

Anchor to Buoy- More Complex

Discussion created by darcylydia on Jan 25, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2019 by BMyers

Anchor to Buoy Model- More Complex

Question asked by Darcy Holdorf on Jan 25, 2019

Hi there,

I am building a database with the Anchor to buoy model. Here is a picture of the relationship table. Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 11.55.58 AM.png

I have had great success building join table records and scripting connections between all of the tables. Until now....I am now building the "Marketing" table, which will contain a LOT of information. for example, as part of Marketing, we want to log our Catalog Distribution. We will have fields such as "Ship Date", "# of Catalogs", etc. Each contact or each organization and event can have multiple Catalog Shipment records related to them with different dates and numbers for each shipment. Do I need to make a new base table for that and build it the same way I did all the other ones? Or do I attach that somehow to the right of the "Marketing" base table and attach it to each of the occurrences of the other tables? And if I do that, how would I work the pk and fk fields?

I'm a bit unsure of how to proceed at the moment. I will have three of these sort of "subgroups" keeping track of detailed correspondence such as advertising and communication with the other base table groups.

Thanks for any advice!

Darcy

Outcomes