AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with variable date contained in filename of third party download

Question asked by garyjones on Jan 26, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2019 by garyjones

Hi

Ironically, in part, this is a reverse of my question posted yesterday.

I have a script that locally saves and then imports a third party-created Excel file - the name of which incorporates a reformat of my project name on the third party project site, which I also store in my database and use the result of a calc field Let statement as the $Variable for the filename in the scripted post-download import process.

Historically, the project name on the third party site, and stored by me was, "Editorial One - Music and Health. Job No: MH001". This was incorporated into the Excel download file name resulting in, "Editorial-One-Music-and-Health-Job-No-MH001.xlsx".

Therefore, to create my $Variable I used the following Let statement to parse the relevant field contents, the result of which matched the required name for the download file -

Let([

a = Substitute ( Admin::EditorialOneProjectName; ["-" ; ""]; ["." ; ""] ;[":" ; ""]);
b = Substitute ( a; [" " ; "-"]);
c = GetField(MailparserDateFormat)
];

b & ".xls"
)

However, as of today the Excel download file name now includes the date and an additional separator - "Editorial-One-Music-and-Health-Job-No-MH001-2019-01-08.xlsx".

I've tried a number of options in the Let statement based attempting to change the GMT format using Get(CurrentDate) but to no avail - the requirement being to convert the result from "DD-MM-YYYY" to "-YYYY-MM-DD"

I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything other than a suggestion for a function to deal with this requirement at the data level rather than just display - which seems sensible.

As always any guidance or help appreciated.

Finally, does anyone know where I could get a PDF that goes into more detail re. Filemaker's functions etc? I've got one for SQL and scripting but, though I've only had a quick search, can't find anything.

Best

G

Outcomes