AnsweredAssumed Answered

Field options: DATA

Question asked by Cécile on Jan 26, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2019 by Cécile

If I were to choose a calculation, I could control whether the content of the field should be replaced by the calculation result, in the event of the field being updated.

If I choose Data, instead, I am not quite sure of the behaviour. I need some clarification about this auto-enter option.

Context:  I have a check box for tax: 1 is taxable, if the box is unchecked, it is not taxable. We want products to be taxable by default but the possibility to uncheck manually the box for the few products that aren't.

I obviously cannot use a calcuation because if the box is unchecked (0 or empty) it could be what is desired so checking the box "do not replace existing value of field if any" would not prevent overwriting a desired empty value.

That leaves me to data.

If i check that option and put 1, the value for the field will be true, taxable. If the user manually uncheck that box, it will become 0;  if for any reason (that I can't imagine: I don't know if there is some sort of situation where that would be triggered) the field updated, would the data value 1 be reapplied to the field?

Outcomes