AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I use Veeam for backup?

Question asked by sadkins76 on Jan 25, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2019 by wimdecorte

So, a little clarity for the question.  I know that I CAN use Veeam, but the greater question, is can I use it without worrying about corrupting the DBs.  I have read that data corruption can be an issue when using 3rd party backup tools on live DBs, which makes sense.  However, I think it matters that this is a VM the FMS sits on, and there is zero interaction with the OS itself.  I believe everything happens from within the VMware environment and doesn't really touch the active components. 

I have been able to find very little on this forum about using Veeam, but what I have found had some interesting statements...however most of those were quite old.  There was ONE recent post from the end of last year that mentioned pausing the DBs by connecting via the FMS CLI, and THEN running a backup.  Would this be possible to script as part of the backup job within Veeam?  I know that it CAN be done in the Veeam software, but I am not at all familiar with the FMS CLI, so I am unsure how to go about doing this.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas!

Outcomes