AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a limit to the Source items list in an Import Script?

Question asked by bigslash11 on Jan 26, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2019 by beverly

First time questioner, long time user of this forum. Still a beginner though. My question is in regard to table occurrence limits.

Is there a limit to the number of TOs that can be shown in the Source list (Import script)?

Is there a way I can rebuild or recover the file (even though it does not show any issues) that will re-populate/refresh that Source list?

The first image shows a few of the TOs from the relationship graph. The other TOs above Calendar_Host appear in the source list. But Calendar_Host and Calendar_Host 2 do not show. I've used the same Import script (copy & paste, change source, match up primary keys and zModTS).

Here is the problem: I have a lot of table occurrences (if anyone knows of a way to summarize a count of TOs like a database design report, I will get the exact figure). I have the imports working for all but one table (Calendar_Host). The reason I can't get this step to work is that the Calendar_Host TO does not come up in the source list. I can't even select it as an option. Also, none of the additional TOs that I have added since adding that TO appear in the source list. This table (Calendar) was the last table I added to the database. The other new TOs are based on tables that were already in since the beginning (but they still don't show up in the source list, though I don't need those new TOs, I just thought I would mention in case it is related to a Source list limit).

For some background (this may muddy the waters), I am working on a sync system to merge data to and from a hosted file on FM Server and a deployed file on FM Go. In one of my steps, I am just trying to import the modification timestamps from all records in the relevant tables on the server to a HostTSs table on the deployed file (using UUIDs for primary keys). I then have a calculation field locally to compare the last time each record was uploaded to the host modification timestamp and determine if it needs to be downloaded. This is necessary to compare records individually since not all data is uploaded/downloaded each time. I'm trying to minimize time connected and syncing time.

This will eventually be turned into a server side script to collect all record ModTSs and put them in a HostModTSs table on the server, then just do one import of that table. For now, I have the local file importing each table in separate steps.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide or even just taking the time to review. This site has been a great resource to me in the past and I also wanted to say thank you for all those other times you guys have bailed me out without knowing.

Have a good one-

Chris

Outcomes