AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with report

Question asked by cmackland on Jan 27, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2019 by cmackland

After several hours I have failed to figure out what I am doing wrong. Hopefully I can explain well enough for some help.

I have a table Tardy_Tracking which is recording the date and time each student is late to class.

In the table I have student id, first name, last name, grade, date, time and tardy.

I have a script that puts a 1 in the tardy field each time the student is late. (This might not be the best approach but I wasn't sure how to do it any other way)

What happens:

Find student -->click but to run script that create record in Tardy_Tracking table. It enters all the fields listed above and a 1 is entered for the tardy field.

A student can be tardy multiple times per day. There can be multiple records for the same student in 1 day.

What I am trying to do:

Create a report that is sorted by grade level

Has the student name, student Id and the number of times that student has been tardy on that particular day.

If the student has multiple records I only want the name listed once with the number of tardies next to it.

and if possible the total tardies for each grade level.

So in my mind it looks something like this:

I managed to get a report sorted by grade level but it has the student listed multiple times on the report.

Thank you for any help in advance,

Cheryl

Outcomes