AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I create a portal or table with 2 different sources?

Question asked by michael@beauvinciviolins.com on Feb 1, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2019 by beverly

Newbie here, so please forgive my rookieness.

My goal: a portal that shows transactions as imported from two different sources.

Example: I have a table of customers that get automatically billed once per month. Some get billed in credit card system A the rest in credit card system B. I can download a CSV file of all transactions from each company, which is each formatted differently. I'd like to create a layout that shows the customer and their transaction history. How can I get the portal to show info from 2 different sources?

If I can't pull from two different sources, how can I create a 3rd table that creates new records upon CSV imports from the CC companies?

Maybe a script that says:

"Whenever a new record is created in CC_table1, create a corresponding new record in Transaction_Info_Table and fill its fields with the designated fields from CC_table1."

"Whenever a new record is created in CC_table2, create a corresponding new record in Transaction_Info_Table and fill its fields with the designated fields from CC_table2."

What direction should I take and where should I look to gain the knowledge I need to complete the task?

Again, thanks for your patients with a regular Mom and Pop shop owner with little scripting experience.

Outcomes