AnsweredAssumed Answered

OS X 10.14.3 Update with FMS 17.0.2.252

Question asked by taylorsharpe on Feb 1, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2019 by taylorsharpe

I upgraded OS X on my development machine to 10.14.3.  It had FMS 17.0.2 on it which I had to uninstall and reinstall 17.0.2.252 and re-setup SSL, paths, OAuth, External Auth, Schedule Scripts, Backups, EAR passwords, etc.  What a pain.  I still don't see why we can't export a server configuration like we do schedule scripts with all of that in it and just reimport it.  Oh well, back to my issue.

I did this upgrade and something weird is going on.  I have twice daily had to restart the computer as if a memory leak is going on and gradually slowing things down.  When it gets weird, I can't get to the Admin console via the domain name and can only do it by local host and one time I could only shut it down via FMSADMIN call in Terminal.

It seems to come up after these difficulties and be happy for a number of hours, but later on starts slowing down noticeably in the UI (e.g., typing lags a lot).  Obviously I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

OS X 10.14.3 was just released Jan 22nd, about 10 days ago.  So it is still new and I'm sure FMI is still reviewing it.  Obviously a production server would not be a good idea to do this very latest upgrade.  But this is just my development server.

FYI, the hardware is a Mac Pro 2013 (Trash Can), 6 Core Xeon E5 3.5 GHz, 32 GB RAM.  As a development machine, I have a number of user apps on it and would not be considered a clean server.  So my difficulties could be non-FM related.

I'm mostly posting this just in case other people are seeing the same thing or not. 

Outcomes