AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMPro 17/Windows 10 Kisok Mode times out overnight

Question asked by Philip_Jaffe on Feb 7, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 by Philip_Jaffe

Product and version (e.g. FileMaker Pro 14.0.3)

FILEMAKER PRO 17 ADVANCED (17.0.4.400)

OS and version

WINDOWS 10 PRO

VERSION 1803

OS BUILD 17134.523

Browser and version (for WebDirect only)

N/A

Hardware

INTEL(R) CORE(TM) i3-4160T CPU @ 3.10GHz

RAM 8.00 GB

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Description

Our company has a FileMaker app we use to display a slideshow on monitors in our lobby.  The physical machine is in a locked closet and we access it remotely via Remote Desktop if we need to.  The app runs in kiosk mode and requires no interaction.  It just loops through a slideshow 24/7...or that's what it's supposed to do.

The app, called 'Lobby Quotes' times out or otherwise quits sometime during the night.  Each morning I have to remote in to the PC in the closet (with the monitors in the lobby), restart FileMaker, and relaunch the app.

The app is hosted on FileMaker Server 17 on an AWS virtual machine (not FMcloud AWS).

The app runs flawlessly all day, and every morning, it has quit.  It doesn't matter if I launch the app at 8AM or at 5PM.  The next morning it has stopped.

Our staff have a WebDirect layout they can access to update the Lobby Messages and control the slideshow.  The lobby account's privilege set is attached as well as the Server settings disabling any timeout for FileMaker Pro clients.

Workaround (if any)

My only workaround: come in every morning, remote in, and relaunch the app.

Outcomes