yellowhammer

Combined Checkbox Value

Discussion created by yellowhammer on Feb 7, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2019 by yellowhammer

I have a checkbox set field set as text with a value list containing two values : Plane and Edge. The intent is to select one, the other, or both and return a dollar value charged for each service.

I have a case statement in a "Fee" field to evaluate if the checkbox field is selected "Plane" so that it returns a dollar value or fee. If the field checked "Edge" it returns a different dollar value fee. If both checkboxes are marked, it should return a third dollar value fee. Although I can get the correct values returned if only one, or the other check box is marked, I cannot check both boxes simultaneously, and return the correct value.

Here is the case statement below:

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 9.09.58 AM.png

Here is what happens when I select the Edge checkbox, the data viewer shows :"Edge" and the case statement returns the correct dollar value $3.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 9.08.29 AM.png

Here is what happens when I select the Plane checkbox, the data viewer shows :"Plane" and the case statement returns the correct dollar value $2.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 9-1.08.45 AM.png

However, when I select both checkboxes, even though the data viewer shows "Plane Edge" the Case statement returns nothing. I assume the case statement and the combined checkbox text isn't matching so no value is returned, but in the case statement above I have the criteria as "Plane Edge" The value returned should be $1. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 9.09.19 AM.png

Outcomes