thanks to all those who have helped me, i now have a functioning database for the NGO i work with and i am ready to get them to start to use it, but i am not sure of the best way forward.
Here are the facts i think are relevant
- At the moment they dont have a filemaker license at all
- Total users will be 1 or 2 people a few hours a day
- i would like them to host it online
- so that there is backup and redundency
- I would like to access it remotly to help manage the database as well
- it is only a small database
I can see that they can buy a NGO license from filemaker but it seems that online hosting does not have a NGO discount.
When i am looking at hosting AWS Marketplace: FileMaker Cloud (BYOL) if they have their own license it will cost them $0.046/hour but i am confused what that actually means? Is that the cost per hour they are logged in for?