kc@seedcode.com

Let's chat about middleware!

Discussion created by kc@seedcode.com on Feb 18, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2019 by kc@seedcode.com

This Friday, I'll be hosting a presentation on the idea of setting up a middleware service between your FileMaker solution and a 3rd party service. I'll be using the service I created to connect the DayBack calendar with Zoom as an example, but we'll mostly discuss the benefits of using middleware and dive into Zeit, which we used to host the example service (and other options you could go with).

For some background info and the code if you'd like to dive in, here's the free open source project we're using as the middleware service: GitHub - seedcode/dayback-meetings-service

All are welcome to join! Here's the meeting link, which will be active once the meeting starts on Friday, February 22nd at 10:30 AM PST: https://bluejeans.com/380543170

Setting up a middleware service between your FileMaker solution and a 3rd party service can be a great way to simplify your FileMaker scripts, allowing you to easily connect through the middleware from multiple FileMaker solutions. It can also make the transfer/processing of data between FileMaker and the 3rd party service easier.

We'll make sure to keep some time open for a Q&A discussion and turn this into one or more in-depth follow-up sessions if there's interest.

Hope to see you there!

Outcomes