AnsweredAssumed Answered

Webdirect Portal Doesn't Refresh When Portal Row Deleted

Question asked by mperley on Feb 22, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2019 by Johan Hedman

I have a FM 17 Webdirect solution in which a portal will not refresh consistently. I have one script (delete line item) that can be invoked one of two ways. The first is via a button in the portal row -- this works as expected, meaning that after the portal row has been deleted it is no longer visible. The second method is via an onObjectExit script trigger on a quantity field. The script attached to the trigger checks whether or not a value has been entered. If a value has been entered the record is committed and everything is fine. If it's empty, the user is presented with a custom dialog box asking whether they want to enter a quantity or delete the line item. If "delete line item" is chosen, the same delete line item script is run.

I've confirmed that the record does indeed get deleted while viewing that table in FMPA. I've added a commit record step immediately after the delete portal row script step and that hasn't changed the behavior. I've also added correctly configured refresh portal and refresh object script steps to no avail. The only thing that does seem to work is calling a refresh window script step but I'd prefer not to have to rely on this for obvious reasons.

Any thoughts?

Outcomes