kupietz

FileMaker Go 17 "remembers" deleted databases, will not let you update to newer versions

Discussion created by kupietz on Feb 22, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2019 by TSGal

I have repeatedly pushed an updated database to FM Go via AirDrop, each time deleting the previous version as described above. No matter what I push, the original, deleted version reopens in FileMaker Go, as if I never deleted it, rather than the newly-updated version airdropped from the computer.

In the attached video, I AirDrop a database to a copy of FM Go. The database opens, going to the layout specified in the file options upon opening the file.

Then I go through the steps to add a new record and insert a photograph of a very handsome model who happened to be standing around, into a field via the device's camera. Then I go to the Launch Center and delete the database file entirely from FM Go.

Then, from my laptop, I AirDrop a newer version of the database. Instead of re-opening the new version and going to the layout specified in the file options, it reopens the deleted database, with the data I inserted into it before deleting the file, on the last layout it had been on — exactly as if I had never deleted it at all. Meanwhile, the newer version I pushed via AirDrop simply disappears into thin air.

When I delete the database from within iTunes and then re-add it by dragging from the Finder into iTunes and open it in FM Go, the same exact thing happens: the previous version keeps "undeleting", and it always reopens to the layout that I last used, with the data showing from the copy I previously deleted. The new version simply doesn't exist on the device.

I am therefore totally unable to test newer versions of this database in FM Go, it only ever keeps un-deleting the original version and reopening it.

Renaming the file before pushing it to my device works, but this is not a practical solution. I need to be able to delete files and have them remain deleted, so that I don't have to track and keep "retiring" old filenames.

Attachments

Outcomes