AnsweredAssumed Answered

Opening External Files

Question asked by databuzz on Sep 13, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2011 by databuzz

Thought I would ask a question that's been bugging me lately and test the new forum at the same time.

I'm working on a FileMaker Pro v11 file for the iPad that is essentially an interface file with file references to the data files back at the office - it's used for staff when they're out of the office to perform some quick tasks. I'm trying to manage the point at which it opens the external files and can't find any documentation around this, but essentially I'm after the list in order of precedence about when FileMaker Pro/Go will require a file that is referenced via an external data source to be opened. Obviously if there are fields on the layout that you are currently on or performing a subscript in one of the external files etc but I'm starting on a blank layout attached to a local table occurrence with nothing on it yet before the OnOpen script gets to the first step the external files are opened. I'd like to not have these open at this point as I need to setup some local accounts first that will then open the external files without requiring the user to enter their account name/password multiple times for each of the 5 external files.

Thanks,

Andrew

Outcomes