2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 10:26 PM by CarstenLevin

Installation help

keason

I am trying to install FM Server Advanced 11. I get a error that says FM Server is running and I need to go to the admin console to stop the server. This is a new machince and I have never installed FM server 7. Anyone know how I can stop this server service so I can run the FM Server 11 Advanced installation?

• 1. Re: Installation help
          jwalstab

You can try going into windows services and stop the filemaker server service...

• 2. Re: Installation help
            CarstenLevin

Hi Keason,

a few questions:

• What hardware and even more important which OS and version?
            • You are really sure that no previous version of FileMaker was ever installed on this computer .... ? ... because if a previous version was installed, it will have to be de-installed before proceeding.

The problem you encounter here has been mentioned by one other person within this forum. I have not experienced it myself and I believe that it is very very rare.

If you could answer the questions here it will be easier to proceed. But if the server is really a clean install you might have to prepare for a reinstallation of the OS.

A comment to Jwalstab: Since Keason is explaining that this is a new machine and that no previous version of FileMaker has been installed, he/she will probably not be able to stop the FileMaker Server Service.