2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2011 1:48 AM by Polarpro

PHP and setField

Polarpro

Hey,

In my PHP script I use some steps to edit a field in my FileMaker database. Everything works fine but writing into this filed. Here is the part of the code that does not work:

$insert = $fm->newEditCommand('PHP_Layout', $_REQUEST['id']);

$insert->setField('Url', $url);

$insert->execute();

The field Url is on the PHP_Layout layout. The variable $url contains an existing value. I checked also if there is really a record id; everything is ok.

Furthermore, I checked if I am allowed to edit the record in the accounts and privileges of the Filemaker file, this seems to be ok, too (as I use the Admin account in this case).

Is there anything else that needs to be taken care of when trying to edit a record via PHP?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

• 1. Re: PHP and setField
          RobWestergaard

Try doing

$result = $insert->execute();

print_r($result);

...and see if there's anything informative in the result object.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PHP and setField
            Polarpro

Hey Rob,

Thanks for your hint. After analysing $result I found PEAR error 200; FielMaker error 200 would be "Record access is denied". So, I checked again my accounts and privileges, and found that editing the records of this table was allowed (as mentioned above), but not editing them via the layout that I use to access my FileMaker database. So, things work fine now.

Thank you very much for pointing out this way of getting information of what is going on.

Mike