8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2011 10:14 AM by Bart_Bartholomay

Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?

Bart_Bartholomay

I keep getting this notification on a daily basis, but I be damned if I can find out where to update my status or what this means, I have gone through my profile, etc. numerous times:

Voila_Capture29.png

Thanks...

• 1. Re: Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?
          ibrahim_bittar

Hi Bart

if you go to the "My Profile" section, there is a link under your picture to updat your status, like Facebook.

Regards

Ibrahim

• 2. Re: Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?
            Bart_Bartholomay

Thanks, Ibrahim. I found the  link, wrote something in there and now all it says is update on the link. Hopefully, this will take care of it.

• 3. Re: Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?
              RayCologon

ibrahim_bittar wrote:

if you go to the "My Profile" section, there is a link under your picture to updat your status, like Facebook.

Yes. Alternatively, you can choose Your Stuff  > Updates from the menus along the top of the page:

Update.png

...which takes you to a screen with a text box to type a new status, and below that, a history of your statuses.

Cheers,

Ray

------------------------------------------------

R J Cologon, Ph.D.

FileMaker Certified Developer

Author, FileMaker Pro 10 Bible

NightWing Enterprises, Melbourne, Australia

http://www.nightwingenterprises.com

• 4. Re: Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?
                RayCologon

Hi Bart,

As of now, your status is showing with the message:

Creating more local visibility in southeast Florida.

- so, assuming that's what you entered, I'd say your update was a success.

All the best,

Ray

R J Cologon, Ph.D.

• 5. Re: Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?
                  Bart_Bartholomay

Ok. Thanks guys. I seem to remember during the preview session that we could somewhow mark a response as the correct/most helpful answer so that it would also appear at the top of the page.

Anyone know about that? If so, I'll mark one of these and be done with it.

Also, Ray, I assume that you're inserting your own sig and that it's not being inserted by the forum since I haven't seen any place to concoct one. Right?

• 6. Re: Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?
                    RayCologon

Bart..Bartholomay wrote:

Ok. Thanks guys. I seem to remember during the preview session that we could somewhow mark a response as the correct/most helpful answer so that it would also appear at the top of the page.

Anyone know about that? If so, I'll mark one of these and be done with it.

Hi Bart,

When creating the first post for a new thread (or, presumably, when editing it) you get to indicate whether it is a question. That determines whether the post's icon in lists has a question-mark symbol, and also governs whether you'll have the option to mark answers as "helpful" or "correct". I imagine if you edit your original post to mark it as a question, then you'll also be able to access the other options, but I haven't had occasion to try that myself.

Bart..Bartholomay wrote:

Also, Ray, I assume that you're inserting your own sig and that it's not being inserted by the forum since I haven't seen any place to concoct one. Right?

Yes - I use a utility that adds a signature block and posts a message with a single modifier/keystroke. Same one I use in various email clients, in fact. There doesn't appear to be an automated signature feature available.

All the best,

Ray

R J Cologon, Ph.D.

• 7. Re: Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?
                      tech_liaison

Hi Bart,

And in addition to all of Ray's and Ibrahim's good advice, I would also like to let you know that if you would like to reduce or stop altogether the delivery of the summary email, you can go to My Profile > Edit Preferences > Email Notifications. This is where you can control all of your system notification preferences. The email summary is the last item in the list.

And one more thing about status updates: you can create one wherever you see the New menu by choosing New > Update.

• 8. Re: Can Someone at FMI Please Explain This?
                        Bart_Bartholomay

Right. I do the same, and that's why I thought I'd ask here before putting one together.