7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2011 11:17 AM by fmmotorola

Error Code 16

fmmotorola

I'm hoping someone can help clarify an error code. I have a script that runs that compiles a large amount of data into calculated fields which are placed into a table. When ran I receive the following error:

Schedule "Script Schedule" Completed; last scrpting error (16). Does anyone have a more detailed description of what might cause this error? The script runs intermittently, but stops on this error sometimes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Error Code 16
          BruceHerbach

According to the error codes list,  a 16 error is "operation failed, request retry ( for example, a user query ).   If you are doing some form of query and ending the script when there is no more data, then this might be the cause.

If not,  if you have advanced try running the script in the debugger with the pause on error box checked.  This will stop the script when there is an error and show you where the problem is.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Herbach

• 2. Re: Error Code 16
            fmmotorola

Bruce,

Thank you very much for getting back to me.  I have run the debugger and in doing so another item popped up that I found interesting.  If you would not mind me bouncing this off you, I would appreciate it.   It appears the script errors out based on the count of errors.  But in going back to the basics and running the following script on 100 test items, no error codes appear until the end.  Any idea why an error code of 101 would appear when the script should exit gracefully once the last record is found?

Results after test script showing 101 error

I certainly appreciate you taking your time to help.

Regards,

Glenn A. Cooper

Services Tools & Applications Team (STAT)

Phone...(847) 538-5566

Cell....(847) 452-6595

qa3556@motorolasolutions.com <mailto:qa3556@motorolasolutions.com

• 3. Re: Error Code 16
              Malcolm

Unless you are really keen to chat with Bruce may I suggest that you use the Help Menu and look for "error codes". They are all listed there.

By the way, an error of 101 is expected when looping through records. The loop does not exit gracefully, it simply plunges through all the records until it go to next record fails then returns the record not found error.

Malcolm

• 4. Re: Error Code 16
                BruceHerbach

Hi,

The 101 error means your loop got to the last record in the list and then exited the loop.  101 means there was no record.  So this is expected behavior.

As Malcolm suggests,  you should look at the error definitions,  they can be very helpful.  An easy way to do this is to click on the error code in the debugger.  This will open a window with a list of all errors.  Just scroll to the one you need.

Hope this is helpful

Bruce Herbach

• 5. Re: Error Code 16
                  fmmotorola

Bruce / Malcolm,

I think we have what we need now.  Thank you both very much for your help !!!

Regards,

Glenn A. Cooper

Phone...(847) 538-5566

Cell....(847) 452-6595

• 6. Re: Error Code 16
                    FileKraft

sounds you are parsing a lot of data .. i would try to use pause with some interval of your choice - in my eperience that

helped to get scripts as you described more reliable and stable. even better to refresh and write back the cache after some amount

of iterations - yes it will slow things down ..

good luck

uli

• 7. Re: Error Code 16
                      fmmotorola

Thank you for the thought.  You are correct.  We have in excess of a million lines we are processing.  It takes time on it’s own, but may be worth adding a little more time with the interval pauses.

Regards,

Glenn A. Cooper

Phone...(847) 538-5566

Cell....(847) 452-6595