AnsweredAssumed Answered

XPost Problem(s) getting Oracle DSN to work on Windows 2008 R2/FMS 11.0v3

Question asked by BeatriceBeaubien Expert on Nov 18, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2012 by BeatriceBeaubien

Hello all,


I am having issues getting an Oracle DSN to work on FMS 11.0v3 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machine. I am trying to set up ESS to the Oracle database.


• The Oracle 10g client is installed.

• The System DSN is created without difficulty using the odbcad32.exe file in the SysWOW64 directory (the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver [2010-11-20]). It's pointing to an Oracle 8i database.

• The configuration of the DSN was set up by an Oracle DBA who has done this before. I was logged in as admin to do this work.


(We also tried with the Oracle driver that comes with 10g. I don't want to muddy the waters, so I have included that issue at the very end of this message.)



When I try to use this Microsoft driver DSN to create a table instance in the Relationship Graph, I get the following error:


"ODBC Error: [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-06413: Connection not open.
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr)."


I searched for any insight to resolve this, without luck. Any help would be gratefully received.



Best wishes,


Beatrice Beaubien, PhD
i2eye, Toronto, Canada


FileMaker Business Alliance
FileMaker 11 Certified Developer

P.S. Additional details:

• We got the System DSN pointing to an MS SQL database producing a table in the Relationship Graph without any issues.

• The Oracle 10g 32 bit driver (Oracle in Oracle10Admin_Home1) threw the following error when trying to produce a table in the Relationship Graph:

"ODBC Error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified."

This was after the connection tested successfully in the Oracle ODBC Driver Configuration, and the Oracle DBA was successful in testing the TNS.

Before it threw this error, it was having difficulty seeing the path to the drivers (it couldn't initialise the SQORA32.dll), so I widened permissions and got the TNS error.